- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds split chicken halves or breast
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Place the split chicken halves in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking in an outdoor grill. When the temperature is approximately 375˚F, remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken halves, skin-side-up, in a 9-inch baking pan. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Place the pan over indirect heat, cover the grill, and cook for 2 hours or until the internal temperature of each thigh reaches 175˚F. Baste with pan drippings before serving.